Culture Development 2
A multinational leisure company
To enable the executive team to successfully lead change and empowerment throughout the organisation, developing talent and embedding a high-performance culture.
A leading, well established hospitality company was embarking on an aggressive expansion strategy, diversifying across the wider leisure industry. In order to successfully manage the transition to a multi-national, multi-brand organisation, they needed to shift from a centralised, command-and-control culture to a more customer-centric approach across their businesses and markets.
- To facilitate the design and delivery of a transformation programme, centred around company values and the processes necessary to create impactful change.
- To enable a more open, trusting mindset, receptive to change, growth and innovation.
- To create more accountability, introducing more support but also challenge.
- To upskill managers to lead and deliver the transformation programme across the company, leading change, managing risk and coaching for performance.
- To facilitate better communication and build stronger collaborative relationships.
Alexander Programme Structure
A two-year programme involving one-to-one coaching sessions and meetings with the Executive Board, combined with leadership workshops for 100 top managers. They would be taught the skills to then coach their own teams – cascading a new way of leading, thinking and behaving across the company.
- The coaching achieved a complete shift in the company’s way of thinking and the way in which they led the business. There was greater focus on people development.
- This in turn led to greater confidence, empowerment and innovation.
- By teaching managers to coach their own teams in delivery of the transformation programme, the company was able to achieve stronger employee engagement.
- Stronger communication and working relationships were established.
Alexander’s programme created a strong alignment of the company’s culture with its business strategy, leading to stronger cohesion and a platform for further expansion.